Logistics & Customs Officer
Posted on 09 September 2022
PanAfrican Energy is currently looking to appoint a Logistics & Customs Officer who will be responsible for the management of customs clearance and Logistics in the company, ensuring effective movement, distribution, storage of supplies and materials in a company including processing shipments of goods in the company.
- Receiving of orders by ensuring quantity and specifications matches with what is displayed on purchase order.
- Ensure signed delivery note is signed and filled for future reference.
- Ensuring that our min office storage facility as well as hired remains clean, sanitary, and well-organized.
- Immediately Report all breakages and spills.
- Ensure PAET complies with regulations from different Government authorities in relations to import and Export (TBS, TPA, GCLA, TASCA etc)
- Effective communication between suppliers and end user for proper project planning and smooth operations
- Supervising loading of the barges and other transportation to and from Songosongo
- Prepare shipping manifest and keep records of all internal movement of goods.
- Continually advise the management on the market freight costs, transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
- Ensure the company complies to all regulations related to import and re exportation of temporary imports
- Process tax exemptions in accordance to the Tax laws and our profit sharing agreement (PSA)
- Tracking the orders from when to be collected to all freight stages “end-to-end
- Calculation and selection of optimal logistics routes with minimal cost
- Prompt cooperation with appointed customs agent (calculation of customs charges, preparing a package of documents for clearance of theGoods at customs)
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Logistics Management or customs clearing and forwarding.
- Minimum 3-year experience in international logistics and customs clearance.
- Knowledge of specifics with respect to import and export shipments of general and multi-load, dry and bulk chemical cargos (by sea, road and air).
- Specific of the goods customs clearance: document flow, procedure for customs costs assessment, calculation of customs payments;
- Computer literacy including Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PPT and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision.
Click here for the job description